Children need a stable home; can you help?
We always want to hear from people who are interested in adoption. We have children of all ages and backgrounds who need a stable family home.
You don’t have to live in Sandwell, to adopt with us – we also welcome enquiries from across the West Midlands and surrounding areas.
You can always find out more about adoption at one of the regular information events, we attend as part of Adoption at Heart, the regional adoption agency for the West Midlands.
For details of the next Adoption at Heart events see their latest posts on Twitter https://twitter.com/AdoptionAtHeart
Information events start at 6pm on weekday evenings, or at 10.30am on Saturday mornings, unless otherwise stated.
At all events, we will give a short presentation about adoption and then offer you the chance to discuss your adoption questions with us. Whether you want to know a lot or a little please come along, we would love to meet you.
For details of the forthcoming Adoption at Heart events you can also look on Twitter https://twitter.com/AdoptionAtHeart
To register for an event just visit the Adoption at Heart website. It’s completely free to register, but by letting us know you are coming we can make sure we have a member of the adoption team on hand to give advice and chat to you about the adoption process.
By attending a meeting, you are not committing yourself in any way – it is simply a chance for you to get some answers to your questions.
- Call 0800 358 0899 and ask for ‘adoption duty’ during office hours, or leave a message and we will call you back. For all other adoption related enquiries, call the Family Placements Team on 0121 569 3101.
- Complete our online enquiry form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already in the process of adopting a child, call 0121 569 3101.
For lots of further information about adoption, we recommend you visit the Coram/BAAF website.
Sandwell Children’s Trust is a
Who can adopt?
Some people are reluctant to enquire about adoption as they think they won’t be considered. More people can apply to adopt than you may think.
Please don’t rule yourself out until you have spoken to us.
What is important is that you:
- have a spare bedroom and space in the rest of your home
- have the time to dedicate to caring for children
- can offer a secure and stable home
- are patient, tolerant and resilient
- are 21 years old or above.
Did you know that it doesn’t matter if you:
- are single, married or cohabiting
- are in a same sex relationship
- are of any ethnicity, religion or culture
- are employed or unemployed
- rent or own your home
- already have children or not.
Please note that if you are undergoing or have recently undergone any fertility treatment, we do ask you to wait at least six months before applying to adopt.