Skip to content

Relationships & keeping safe

This section is all about the support you can get. We know that it can be scary sometimes but there is always someone that can help you.

For all ages

  • We will help you keep in touch with people that are special to you or used to care for you in the past.
  • You will have a PA (from 18) that replaces your social worker. They will be able to help with most things and should be the first person you talk to.
  • You will be supported by lots of other people. There are too many to list, but they include:
  • Staff at the virtual school
  • Youth workers
  • College staff
  • Connexions and career advisers
  • Foster carers
  • Housing workers
  • Health workers
  • You will receive a regular newsletter designed by Care Leavers for Care Leavers. It will have lots of information, advice and useful tips.
  • You can contact the Emergency Duty Team if you need to talk to somebody out of hours. They can be called on 0121 569 2355. If you tell them that you are a care leaver they will help you.
  • You can receive support from a mentor. Your PA will be able to tell you about this.

When you are 16-17 years old

  • You will have a social worker who knows you and knows how you are feeling.
  • You will have an independent visitor. They will be provided by an organisation called Sova. If you need to keep in touch with this person when you reach 18, we can help you do this.